Panchakanya Group’s 40th Anniversary banner was hosted on the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro (the tallest mountain in Africa), Tanzania on 5th March, 2013 by 7 Summits Women Team. With this current feat, the team consisting Shailee Basnet, Asha Kumari Singh, Chunu Shrestha, Maya Gurung, Nimdoma Sherpa, Pema Diki Sherpa and Pujan Acharya are getting closer to their ultimate goal of climbing 7 great summit of the world and spreading their message on education, empowerment and environment. Under its “Corporate Social Responsibility” and on the occasion of International Women Day, Panchakanya Group reaffirm its support to empower and encourage Nepalese women.
Temple Cleaning Program
Our company employees volunteered to clean-up ‘Dashinkali Mandir’. This event main objective was met and we successfully made the Mandir cleaner and beautiful for all the worshippers and visitors to the Mandir.
- We strategically placed dustbins and information banners to educate the worshipper on the importance of keeping temple grounds clean and to put litter on the Dustbin.
On the occasion of Panchakanya 40th year anniversary CSR program was organized as'Dhashinkali Temple Cleaning Programme' in association with Dhashinkali Supervisors. Previous year, at the same spot, Plantation programme was successfully done.
Since its establishment, Panchakanya Group has fulfilled its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) by contributing in different social activities.
- Construction of Panchakanya Goddess Temple and adjoining local road in Fikkal, Ilam.
- Construction as well as establishment of Primary School Building, in memory of late Mohan Maya Shrestha, mother of our Group’s Chairman Mr. Prem Bahadur Shrestha at Charpane-1, Jhapa.
- Construction of hospital floor at Bhairahawa.
- Construction of “Sattal” near Mahadev and Shree Krishna Temple around Akshayswor Mahavir Area.
- Financial assistance to Lalit Bahamukhi Campus, Pulchowk.
- Construction of “Sattal” at Hasapota Ganesh Temple in Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur.
- Financial assistance for construction of Nepal Language Academy, Kirtipur.
- “Panchakanya Technology Innovation and Research Grant” was established to encourage and support invention and innovation among Nepali scientists.
- On the occasion of Panchakanya Day 2067, Panchakanya Group planted trees in 1.5 hectare land situated in Pharping on Bhadra 19. A total of 1200 types of saplings were planted to minimize greenhouse gas emission and help Nepal become environment friendly. Trees were also planted in Dhobighat, Lalitpur in association with the local Saraswoti Youth Club on Bhadra 15. On the same day, trees were planted around Rupandehi and Parsa Amlekhgunj Area.
- On the occasion of Panchakanya Day 2067 and 2068, Blood Donation Drive was successfully conducted. A total of 100 people participated. The Managing Director, Directors as well as employees of the Group were involved.
- Financial assistance for the construction of Roshi Higher Secondary School situated at Kavrepalanchowk, Katunje and Chilaune Secondary School at Sindhupalchowk, in cooperation with Childreach Nepal.
- Sponsor of Real 4th Kathmandu Marathon 2010 held on 2nd October 2010 at Kathmandu.
The group has continuously been providing financial help and other assistance to different organizations and the less privileged individuals and also looks forward to continue this endeavor in the future.